Our client is the leading UK life insurer, with over £37Bn under management and insuring annuities of over 750k individuals. They specialise in bulk annuities and other derisking solutions for defined benefit pension schemes and insurance companies. They provide unique solutions for clients seeking to migrate financial and longevity risk, aiming to create structures that are tailor-made to suit the needs of scheme members, trustees and corporates.
This is an exciting opportunity to join at the outset of a multi-year initiative to define and implement a new risk management & analytics platform. Working closely with the new CTO you’ll be helping to build a strategy for the migration, including gaining a deep functional & technical understanding of the existing platform while prototyping with new technologies to establish what the “end state” looks like and determining the migration path.
- A strong understanding of financial products, ideally Fixed Income
- Ability to demonstrate a strategic & innovative mindset
- Experience of leading a team while being hands-on
- A polyglot programmer who is keen to learning new languages
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Experienced working in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience as a Quantitative Developer or Front Office development role
- Experience with C++ is strongly desired but with a keenness to learn other languages
- Experience in Python would be an advantage
- Improving & driving quality standards within the team (e.g. TDD, CI etc.)
- Knowledge of proprietary banking technologies like Athena, Quartz or Slang highly attractive for the role
- Hold at least a 2:1 or equivalent degree from a leading university in a relevant or highly quantitative subject, with a preference for mathematics / computing.
If you meet the above criteria and want the opportunity to join at the start of a significant re-engineering project in a highly successful firm, surrounded by a talented team, please get in touch