Our client, a globally successful, well-funded FinTech with Ivy-league educated (MIT & Berkley) Leadership is looking for functional engineers who want to help contribute to the firms core business while growing their skills. Established in 2013, this is an award winning technology company at the forefront of computational law and automated decision-making. Their platform provides mission-critical, low-latency services for the world’s most prominent and complex financial institutions. With offices in New York and London they are looking to grow their team in response to significant client demand.
With experience in functional programming (Clojure | LISP | Haskell ), a strong interest in mathematics and a high degree of curiosity you’ll be surrounded by like-minded individuals helping drive the evolution of their platform.
They are looking for multiple candidates and can provide flexibility for those individuals wanting to focus solely on the back-end or those preferring to develop across the stack.
Successful candidates should be:
- Degree educated (Mathematics and / or Computing); Secondary degrees (e.g. MPhil, PhD) highly desirable
- Naturally curious and able to solve challenging problems
- Use functional programming ( Clojure | LISP | Haskell ) to design simple and elegant solutions
- Keen to both learn and share their knowledge with the team around them
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Recent experience with a functional programming language ( Clojure | LISP | Haskell ), either in a commercial or academic environment
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Experience building React applications and REST APIs
- Experience with proof assistants (e.g. Coq, HOL Light, Isabelle)
- Experience using an RDBMS such as Postgres
If you meet the above criteria and want to work in a successful technology company, surrounded by a talented team, where you can both learn and contribute, please get in touch
Promising Functional Programmer candidates can be assured of a response within 24 hours. Canary Wharf & City is a recruitment agency working on behalf of its client.